Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jogging.

Hard to believe that I used to jog at least 4km a day on daily bases.

Yes, people get old very fast, I reminisce my athlete age quite a lot, the older I get, the much I miss my teenage years. We were playing football, badminton (even it's considered stupid, I like it a lot), volleyball, basketball and ... we started a day by doing 4km rounds and all other complicated muscle training. Mainly focus on lower parts, I didn't join the team which focus on training lift any heavy stuff, even though I had a closed friend she who won quite many prizes by throwing bronze balls (I found it rather funny), her upper body was so strong, therefore I always have fear that she might throw me out of the window if I pissed her off, Thank God I never did such foolish thing. We were close friends (definitely willingly...) Even my strength WAS running in fast pace and even I run way faster than her, I couldn't bet on 'what if' she caught me and lift me over her head? According to wise old midget ancient tale: Never mass with giant fellows especially when they are abnormally strong and able to lift you like lifting a base ball.

Anyways, all of my friends had enough with my statement: I had stop my career of sporting.

After coming back from that surprising interesting tropical zone exploirt trip, I start jogging again. The idea happened to flash over my mind in one early morning in the trip.

Yes, even during holiday I couldn't sleep for over 7 hours, every morning I woke up around 6Am or earlier, I tried to, at least I really wanted to roll over and fall asleep again, however, it's also considered a sign that when people get old, 'they' stop sleeping like a baby for 10 hours straight, (I happen to know many 20years old or even 30-year-old babies) in my defense, I'd rather enjoy the morning quality time watching sunrise and fisherman working hard in the ocean. Breathe in sweet or fishy from time to time air. While, the whole town is still in sweet dreams...

I walked for hours and this idea had come across my mind.

"Is it just a say from my thousands of nonsense theories, or I really hate running by did it too much when I was a kid?"

Already the trip had proved me wrong, quote the old stubborn lady who insists her way to look at things like: I don't dig tropical zone. Well... in fact I found that I do dig the weather and blue clear sky and windy heat a lot, even I paid for that by losing at least 2 layers of skin(they are still falling off now as if I am going to shift shape or transcend to different spiece) and had to live with zillions of rashes and crazy uneven skin color... yes, there is no way to make them look normally even tanned except for painting some color on white zone, I have to say that a dozen of brown markers won't even cover ONE week.

So I start, surprisingly, jogging.
I had to say the taste of blood and throwing up my guts in the running field after first lap had taught me one lesson: There are something you never give up otherwise you'd  have to crow back to the field with huge suffer and regrets. Jogging is definitely in this category.

Luckily I lived right by the biggest park in Taipei, we've got a jogging lap with trees and bushes lining aside where I can let my blood and warm guts and pukes out without being marked by those 'I-love-jogging-and-I-jog-everyday-very-strong-dudes'. Well, so far I hate it but I do enjoy the upside jogging has brought me, even I didn't push it too hard to have superior result.


*my blood and sweat path*



What's next on my myth-buster list?
"Singapore could be a great place to live in?"



...............
Naaaaaaaaa. I think this one has been testified. I'd come up with some other tricky stuff, or, you feel free to bring it up.

No comments: