Monday, April 5, 2010

Piece of me had left on the beach

Walking down the beach, as I always love taking a walk, long, quiet and breath with the ocean.
Facing the Mediterranean Sea, I remember we had argument regarding "Where or when" to take a walk.
"I can take a long walk by myself." I said.
"No way. We walk together." you insisted.
You had problem hiking up on the crooked rood in front of the villa and said "There is no view no nothing here. We can go to the beach."
"I will carry you home if I had to. I promise." I know I can't.

So we drove without a direction.
On this tiny island we never need a map.
"Turn left" I said.

We found a place with no shops or commercials, even no tourists.
Wind blew our hair till we looked like crazy fellows. With nice clean smell of light salty scent.
Have never seen you in sneakers which reminds me how inappropriate my slippers are.

It's either summer or spring.
The weather is still cold but sun was shining alright without heating me a bit.
That afternoon we were looking for rocks, my younger brother asked me to however I failed bringing him the rock from Dhaka.
I forgot to pick up any in Jerusalem or Haifa.

"Let's find him something special." You picked up a jade green rock and uttered.
Mission accomplished with the wind almost blew my attention away.
You took pictures of me. "I never look good in pictures" I said.
There was an old say from the false belief in ancient people's heart:
"Taking pictures can also take your soul away."
My soul is here with me, however I lost a piece at the beach.

In stead of saying good bye, I said something else to have better luck at the apart moment.
I am surprised for "we" goes on, not 3 years, not 5. It's my favorite number.

My best conversation, as wise and always insightful.
It's our lucky 7th year.
 

No comments: